Monday 20 March 2017

Czech Republic

Population: Approximately 10.5 Million (2016)
Currency: Euros  & Czech Koruna
Cities Visited: Prague


My first ever trip to Prague was a spontaneous random weekend trip back in 2007. From this 48 hour trip I managed to see some of the tourist hot spots such as Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, the Saint Vitus cathedral, The famous Astronomical clock, Old town Square and many churches. The city is very historical with a lot of Gothic churches, colorful baroque buildings, and a medieval vibe. Apart from the sight seeing the spa industry is a big attraction along with the partying. However I had one of the weirdest massages in Europe during that weekend in a couples massage. Anyway based on the above experience I walked away from Prague thinking I had seen it all in a weekend. However Prague was not done with me and I have been lucky to go back another six times over the last 2 years.

So after all these trips I can confirm that the food scene is fantastic in Prague, with two Michelin star restaurants in the cast.(Alcron & Le Degustation Bohême Bourgeoise). The restaurant and bar scene is turning up its game and is quite a nice welcome to the city from 2007. The only downside to Prague is the amount of tourists as you never really get to enjoy a historical spots in peace. However this is becoming a norm for all sites around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to ask any further questions :)